Sunday 17 June 2012

Shin a Bhfuil....

"The Route"

With the support of all our family and in a sense I was carried along with their enthusiasm and encouragement. Words of kindness along the way and through the email further shortened the trip and the leaders up and down the way inspired me with their "love of country"

There are many more to thank and I will do this individually. The walk is over but not the memories and the kindness I received from everyone is something I will always treasure. We may not be rich "in gold" but we are in generosity and I feel so blessed to have experienced it.As the walk progressed it became more clear to me the huge amount of effort that went into plotting out the Beara Breifne Way. It also came to light from all stakeholders that the man mainly responsible and highly respected throughout, for this incredible Walkway is Jim O Sullivan from Castletownbere. He has proved a wonderful friend and mentor to us all, our thanks. May his dream come true of an off-road walkway from Dursey to the Antrim Coast sooner rather than later, his efforts deserve it.To finish I sayPaddy and Carla, Jean and Jimmy, John and Mary and Ger and Mary and Mary and Twinkle- "I could never have done it without you all, a huge "Mile Maith Agaibh". To Dof and Jessie at home I know you walked each step of the way with me, my love and see you soon.PS Whilst this is final entry, I promise I will do an edit and make necessary corrections. I have also got pics from small camera to add when I learn how to get PC talk to IPad.

11.45pm. 17th June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment