Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Train(s) Journey North

having left Tolouse at 10.30am arrived Copenhagen at 11.00am the morning after. I was originally booked on one train which was delayed and oI explained I would miss my connection, so I was kindly put on a faster train. However the crux was I had to navigate through Paris from
Nemtfaurnasse train station to Gare-de-Nord via metro and RERB and had one hour, otherwise No ride to Cologne. Again thro' people's kindness I overcame the rush hour and piling on to metros with my back pack must. Have looked comical but I was going at "ninety" -
a huge Merci Beaucoup to all Parisians.
Got on train to Cologne and ready to relax- In Brussels there was a huge change in passengers, motoring away grand and at the German border a group of German police boarded. They appeared to target the lad next to me- I minded my own "bees wax" when one copper in raised voice addressed me. My un intended irreverence was not received very well when I said I didn't have a clue what he was on about. The copper appeared to get more agitated, however his colleague requested my passport and after close study of my travels docs they moved on- it was surprise at the nature of their approach that threw me and unfortunately I didn't respond appropriately. All. I can say is Thank Goodness for an Irish Passport.
Moving on into the night got to Cologne and made Connection to Copenhagen.I t was incredible as carriages from Amsterdam, Warsaw andSouthern Europe joined our train for our northward journey and us snuggled up in the night-train!
Yes arrived spot on time and there was Coogan on the platform and got the best welcome to Copenhagen anyone could wish for.
It was a long haul and would I recommend, you must do it once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment