Sunday 6 May 2012

Maurice

Maurice is the very kind gentleman who gave me the Travel advice for Spain. Everything he suggested was spot on and even more. He had me staying in a hotel that was an ex monastery literally 1 minute from Las Ramblas in Barcelona - what an incredible opportunity to experience complete contrasts on the way we live. Maurice is also recognized as the King of the Pyrenees and again his travel advice spot on in the mountains. His kindness will be a lasting memory of my visit to Spain and it is the people more than places that make travel such a wonderful experience.

However the purpose of this blog is once again to highlight my deficiencies with that P word "Phone". We all recognize the developments and perhaps lucky enough to visit the Telegraph station in Alice or drove by the Old Telegraph Station in Eucla driving across the Nullabor. More of us may have visited Valentia Island to where the first Trans Atlantic link was established. Yet Maurice is the only person that I have ever met that visited both Newfoundland site where the cable was submerged and then travelled to Kerry to capture the other end of it.
But back to the present and me recognizing the urgency to get up to speed on present possibilities. trying to book a flight and when they confirmed, requested photographic evidence of passport and credit card. My response are they off their tree!!. Yet the solution is right in front of me - if only I cottoned on(Jessie, my IT advisor would certainly been on the ball). Well the lesson I learned, continue to improve my IT skills and get ready for a 24 hour train ride!!, all because I couldn't comply with online booking instructions and use inbuilt camera and forward evidence. Yes, it has been a hard lesson to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment